Pages

Monday, June 1, 2020

2018 Toronto International Film Festival, Part I: Exploring Toronto

                                                           
I had not been to Canada in many, many years. The last time I went was to Winnipeg was for my cousins wedding the summer of 2000 and before that I went to Quebec City when I was probably 14 years old. I was excited when my wife told me we was going to Toronto so she could cover TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival). We fell in love with Toronto immediately! The food is amazing and from many different countries, the people are friendly, and there is so much to experience in this cosmopolitan city.

You can check out her recap here.


As we approached Toronto, the CN Tower loomed in the distance.




Panorama from our balcony.

The view from the ferry to Centre Island.




The Toronto skyline from Centre Island.






This is an oasis in Toronto. You can ride your bike, rollerblade, bring your dog, have lunch, or just walk around on the wide paved paths. There is a marina and a small airport on the northwest side of the island. The island is a quick ferry ride from the city. The day we went was literally the hottest day of the year in Toronto. They said the temperature was around 39˚ Celsius (almost 102˚ Fahrenheit). The cool breeze off Lake Ontario dropped the temperature at least 20˚.



Here is a quick video from the ferry back to Toronto.


Just random photos of Toronto...

















No comments:

Post a Comment