Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

2018 Turner Classic Movie Film Festival, Part I: Exploring LA







This In-N-Out is located literally next to LAX. It is just off to the side of an approach runway. There is a small park across from the restaurant where people congregate just to watch the planes land. 






Hehehehehehehehe...




This is really my only opportunity to eat authentic Chilean food short of actually traveling to Chile. In front of me is Pastel de Choclo, to the right, is chileana, in front of Rodrigo's hand is Cazuela de Carne soup, and to the left of the Pastel is Milanesa De Carne. My god, that is some good food!

This museum is exceptionally curated with memorabilia of Hollywood and television. It is housed in the former Max Factor Make-Up Studio. The first floor is dedicated to the history of Max Factor. You get two museums for one admission! I was thoroughly impressed with all its content and exhibits. It is quite something to see a movie set, a prop, or article of clothing so close up. You need to make time to visit as you will not be disappointed.  I took way too many photos to include all in my post. I chose a few of my favorites.



"Hello Clarice". This is the actual cell from, "The Silence of the Lambs". I tried bribing an employee $50 to put me in Dr. Hannibal Lecter's cell. Apparently he was rich because he was not interested in making a quick $50.

Miggs' cell.

The hallway leading from the security office to Lecter's cell.


All the principles of, "Casablanca" autographs were collected and put together in this display. I tried sneaking this out and was told by another employee to put it back.

Pews from, "The Exorcist".










Had to get something from, "Mad Men", in there.

The El Capitan Theater, 6838 Hollywood Blvd.

I also took a tour of the El Capitan Theater.


Hollywood Blvd. has evolved exponentially from 1905. 













It was interesting to see the inner workings of this famous theater. I was lucky to see up close the Wurlitzer, built in the 1920s.


Jon Hamm, the star of, "Mad Men", at the premiere of, "Million Dollar Arm".

Artwork on the ceiling of the lobby of the El Capitan.

A peephole was installed to keep an eye on employees working in the lobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment