Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Edward Sorel


In March of 2017, Raquel suggested we attend a book signing by Edward Sorel. She had found Sorel through his book, Mary Astor's Purple Diary. I had never heard of him, but I was intrigued so I went along.

His illustrations have appeared in many influential publications such as Vanity Fair, The Village Voice, Time, Forbes, Esquire, American Heritage, Atlantic Monthly, and Fortune.










The book signing was held at the Boston University Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Library which in itself was worth a trip. They displayed mementos, personal items, and pictures of several celebrities. My favorite one was Michael Douglas. I would like to know what they have in the vault!













The card claims this bag appeared in Romancing The Stone. I watched the movie afterward and could not spot it.

A prop cover of Fortune magazine used in Wall Street. It can be seen when Bud stops by Gekko's office to give him cigars as a birthday present.











No comments:

Post a Comment