Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

2018 Toronto International Film Festival, Part V: The Toronto Blue Jays and the Hockey Hall of Fame


Two items I wanted to knock off my list while in Toronto was to attend a Blue Jays game and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame.




Perverts!


Not a bad view for $20. I made sure I was wearing my Boston Red Sox t-shirt.



The next day, I went back to the Rogers Centre and a took a tour of the ballpark.

The media room where the reporters watch the game.


One of the luxury boxes.


View from the luxury box.

The best part of the tour was going on the field. This is where the Rex Sox would sit.







After I left the Rogers Centre, I walked the 1.3 km (less than a mile) to The Hockey Hall of Fame. As in the case of The Baseball Hall of Fame, The Hockey Hall of Fame is hidden in the middle of downtown Toronto. 


Are my eyes closed? I learned there are two Stanley Cups. One always stays in the Hall and the other one stays with the current champion.





I don't follow hockey very closely, but I still knew Wayne Gretzky was the best player the game has ever seen. During my visit to The Hall, I found just how prolific he really was. The one fact that stunned me was he is involved in over 60 NHL records, personal and team.







They had interactive games where you shoot against a goalie and play goalie.

They have a gallery of the evolution of goalie masks.


Finally they included the classic arcade hockey game. Nice touch!



No comments:

Post a Comment