Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

2019 Toronto International Film Festival, Part II: The Food


Here we eat again...

Biff's Bistro

We had dinner with another couple, Peter and Ange Jackson. He is a Twitter friend of my wife's. We met them last year for dinner as well and they are the simply the nicest and interesting people you could meet! Peter and I both ate the most tender Beef Bourguignon this side of Front Street.


My first taste of a Glenlivet 18 year old whisky. Peter suggested I add a very little amount of water to open it up.


Mill Street Brewery

My wife was interested in having dinner in the Distillery District. This beer is called Cherry Sour Beer and it was perfect.


I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie with the extra flaky crust and she ordered the Nachos.


Marche Movenpick
I convinced the missus to experience Marche Movenpick with me. I quickly choose the steak tips (medium), grilled asparagus, and mashed potatoes then added a chocolate milkshake. She ate a mixed salad.


Jumbo Empanada
Since I was in the neighborhood of Kensington Market, I stopped by Jumbo Empanadas for a quick lunch of an empanada and Pastel de Choclo.

Empanadas and Pastel de Choclo!

I managed to sneak in a Greek Salad at lunch one day.
Ave Maria Latin Cafe & Groceries
I was excited to find a small Colombian cafe for lunch. The authentic empanada and tamales brought back memories of my trip to Colombia.



We returned to Scaddabush for more delicious Italian food. Calamari for an appetizer.

Penne and a meatball for me and Pesto chicken for her.


On our next visit, I ordered a pizza which came with a special pair of scissors to cut the pizza with.

No comments:

Post a Comment