Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

2019 SXSW, Part IV: Circuit of the Americas



The Circuit of the Americas (COTA) is one of only two Formula 1 racetracks in North America, with the other in Montreal, Canada (stay tuned!) and is located about 25 km (15 miles) southeast of Austin.

Unfortunately, there is not much too see. The grandstand where I took the videos and the gift shop were open. It would have been cool to see more of the inner workings the racetrack. At least I had made it to the track, watched Ferraris race down the front stretch, and went karting.


There were 2 Audi R8s in front. Both with the wrong transmission.









Underneath the grandstand, I found 3 more R8s, all with the wrong transmission.




I don't think these Ferraris were actually racing as their were no spectators in the stands. Anyway, it was a thrill to watch them blow by at 265 kph (165 mph).





I paid for 2 sessions of go-karting. My best lap time was just under a minute.












No comments:

Post a Comment